Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Program
The New Heights Charter School Transitional Kindergarten program is for children who have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2
The Transitional Kindergarten program may also include kindergarten-age children who need a more developmental approach to learning.
The transitional kinder/kinder classroom provides students with the following:
· a lively and developmentally appropriate classroom environment;
· academic and socio-emotional support for young learners;
· small group activities and differentiated instruction;
· blended kindergarten content standards, preschool foundations, and developmental extended opportunities for language, literacy, and development of math concepts through songs, play, games, and other engaging activities;
· culturally responsive and relevant content; and
· ongoing, intentional and purposeful parent, family and community engagement.